Updated: Apr 26, 2021
What would we do in this life without our body? Nothing! Why then don't we take care of it as if it a treasure? It's something I ask myself every day when I see all the things that humans do to their bodies. Then we get sick, and we think that it is the lottery of life that has brought us the disease, however, many doctors and scientists, such as Dr. Shinya, argue that most diseases are derived by lifestyle.
A few years ago it was terrible with my body. I was eating all kinds of junk food, I stopped exercising regularly, I was drinking large amounts of alcohol, I was getting high, I was taking drugs ... It was really crushing my body. TV and marketing keep bombing us with misleading information about a lot of products which are not good for us. But since it's on TV, we consider it good. After years of self-damage, I started to really doubt everything I was doing. There was something inside telling me to stop the things I was doing or I would die younger than 50. So I quit my job in Shanghai and went to the Philippines. I met an African-American girl, Charlene, who was a vegetarian and shared with me a lot about the benefits of a healthier way of living. At that time, I wasn't even considering becoming a vegetarian ... It was when I returned from the Philippines that I began to consider everything that Charlene had shared with me. I started researching and trying a new diet. The first thing I did was give up milk (I was a regular milk drinker), which helped me improve my digestion a lot. Then I cut back on meat and started to feel better. After few weeks I gave up meat completely. I started to lose weight and it felt like my body was cleaning. Little by little I was giving up alcohol, Coca-Cola and soft drinks, medicaments and of course drugs. The improvement I felt, not only on a physical level, but on an emotional and psychological level, was so great that I continued researching and following scientists who gave explanations about how important changing nutritional habits is for your health. When my mother was diagnosed with cancer, I went even deeeper about the origin and causes of this disease, as well as natural methodologies for the cure of cancer. Already at that time I was convinced that the solutions offered by current medicine are a bomb for the body which ends up finishing off most of the patients. Cancer is a disease derived from bad habits made over the years. It cannot be cured in a fast way, it requires time and a review of the nutritional, emotional and intellectual habits we have. In my research, I found Dr. Martí Bosch. He was a child oncologist for 20 years who abandoned traditional oncology due to its few positive results and ventured into the world of orthomolecular medicine and therapies with a more natural logic. He gave me an interesting clue to follow to help my mother. I also found Dr Shinya, a Japanese gastroenterologist, inventor of the colonoscope and considered one of the best doctors in the world, who treats his patients with habit changes.
In all these years, I have not only read about consuming habits, but I have put them into practice with enormous benefits. It is a shame to see that the agri-food industry and the pharmaceutical industry go hand in hand. One of them causes the disease and the other one is giving the solutions. The reality is that people end up being chronic patients who buy pills to reduce symptoms but to treat the causes of the diseases and therefore the possibility of cure. In other words, we become their permanent clients. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, said: "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine your food." If we make a change in habits and we follow a better diet, we are going to return our body to its natural state, which is health. Nature did not design us to be sick, we are designed to be healthy and have a healthy life. One of the things that Dr Martí Bosch first indicates is that we have to stop damaging our body. Then we will see what we can use to help you improve it. To stop damaging our body, it is basic to gradually quit everything that produces body acidification:
- Processed and industrial food: They contain a large number of chemicals that are harmful at the cellular level. Exposure to them causes us serious diseases. There are no studies to prove it because the studies are carried out by the pharmaceutical industry, which are the owners of large agribusiness companies. Logic applies, how long does it take for a tomato to rot? How can industrial food last so long? Nature has designed real food to rot in a few days, do not think that the chemicals they put in industrial food are harmless. They want your money, my interest is that you are healthy.
- Alcohol: Today's western society is deeply ill with this substance. Nobody wants to admit it because a lot of leisure is related to alcohol. But the truth is that alcohol is one of the most harmful substances for your body and for your development as a human being. There is no substance on earth that lowers consciousness as much as alcohol. Why do you think it is legal? The body acidification it generates is tremendous, the liver damage it does is very serious and the neurological damage as well. Every drop of alcohol is toxic, there are no moderate measures. That's the truth. You can drink a glass of wine from time to time with your partner. The important thing is that you know the damage it produces and it is something that you really take sporadically.
- Soft drinks: These drinks are strongly sugary. They actually have so much sugar that the only reason you don't throw them up is because of the amount of ascorbic acid and citric acid in them. It also has a high concentration of CO2. Yes, CO2. This gas is carbon dioxide and in addition to being one of the gases responsible for global warming, it is one of the wastes that every cell in your body excretes in its breath. In other words and for you to understand. It is cellular excrement. Why would you want to put CO2 in your body if it is what your entire system does to expel into the atmosphere with each breath? Yes, you breathe in air to obtain oxygen and what you expel when you exhale is the CO2 resulting from your cellular metabolism. All these components, in addition to the number of flavouring chemicals and who knows what else, are very acidifying and oxidative, which generate cell damage.
- Sugary drinks: To do it quickly, you can make the best fruit juice at home. Industrial juices often contain added sugars and other harmful substances. It is not the worst product on this list, but it is best to prepare natural juices at home.
- Drugs: Prolonged use of drugs only destroys you. There is no way to control these substances. There is no moderate consumption. In my case, I realized the moment in which its use led me to the loss of memory and consciousness. That day I promised to end its use. Happily, I have been clean for years and I can gladly help anyone in need. It is not an easy process, but it is possible and life turns colourful when it is achieved.
- Dairy products: Cow's milk is designed by nature to feed a calf that weighs approx. 40 kgs. At the time of weaning (3 months), it weighs around 80 kgs. How is it possible that humans are drinking cow's milk for years when we also stop metabolizing lactose after a few years of life? In addition, the cows live on terrible farms and are injected with all kinds of drugs to prevent infections from milking machines. I love cheese, but I am also aware of the data that I provide. The times I eat cheese I try to choose it from a conscious production company, and I try to choose goat or sheep or even the vegan options available in the market.